Saturday, May 17, 2008

Dusty Fingers 101: Part One

Welcome to the first installation of Dusty Fingers 101. In this new weekly section, I will educate many of those who are curious about the origins of Hip Hop music. I like to think of myself as an enthusiast who can appreciate the original pressing and explore what producers heard when making many of Hip-Hop's premier tracks.

The section is very simple in structure; I will post a Hip Hop song and then post the sample from the original artist with some background notes for both tracks (*for those who dare to expand their musical horizons*) All of the mentioned albums and songs are from my own personal collection.

LET'S GO!

Show & AG - "Next Level" (nytime remix) from the album GOODFELLAS a *If you watched 8mile, much of this heard in this film



Maynard Ferguson - "Mister Mellow" - From the album Conquistador

No comments: