Monday, May 5, 2008

Weekend Movie Review pt.1




Iron man: (7/10) Saw this blockbuster on opening day and I forgot how much it really sucks to be late to a movie on its premier date. Sat all the way in the front but AMC tends to have mercy on those unfortunate late movie goers by giving us reclining comfy chairs. BACK TO THE MOVIE!: I was a bit over hyped by the movie and realizing that I have never even picked up an IM comic book, I really had no idea what to expect. I got what I expected but I felt that it needed a little more to get me over the edge. Robert Downey did a great job and whore of a love interest did a fantastic job too.

Enchanted: (4.5/10) Don't know what came over me to watch this kid's flick. But something told me that it was gonna be a worthy watch. WRONG! Its rather cheesy and corny amongst other foods that I'd throw at the screen for its exploitation of little girl's dreams and fantasies only to be broken early in their pre-pubescent lives. It was watchable at best and I probably wouldn't admit to watching it (with the exception of those reading this).

No Country for Old Men:(8/10) Talk about a great movie! It leaves you on the edge of your seat yearning to know what drastic and horrific end the next victim will endure. Javier Bardem brings that killer to life unlike no other mass murderer i've ever seen. The ending is something left to be desired but you be the judge. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

No comments: